Morehouse College Pre-Freshman Bridge Program
Pre-Freshman Summer Program
PSP is a dynamic six-week academic enhancement and college readiness program that offers pre-freshmen and rising 12th graders a challenging and rewarding experience on the historic campus of Morehouse College.
- High school graduate who has been admitted to Morehouse College and who intends to enroll in the College in the Fall Semester.
- High School Graduates who have not been admitted to Morehouse College and have been recommended by the Office of Admissions to PSP. Upon successful completion of the PSP program, students will be admitted on a probationary status for the Fall semester.
- Rising high school 12th graders.
Students will be housed in a resident hall located on the Morehouse College campus.
Applicants who have been admitted to Morehouse College will take appropriate courses among the following; College Algebra, Pre-Calculus, Calculus I, College Reading Skills I & II, English Composition I, English Composition I Lab, and English Composition III. Applicants may earn academic credit upon successful completion (Grade B or better) of these courses.
Applicants who were denied admission to Morehouse will enroll in a non-college credit academic skill building program that offers courses in English, Math, and Reading.
Rising 12th graders will take non-college credit courses based on college department placement assessments.
College Readiness/Extra-Curricular/Social and Cultural Activities:
- “High School versus College Expectations” Discussion Groups
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving Seminars
- Time Management and Effective Study Skills Workshops
- President’s Vision, College Mission, Morehouse History
- Field Trips and Weekend Social Activities with Morehouse/Spelman Summer Academy Programs