College Planning Boot Camps
Maximizing Student Engagement and Fostering Collaboration
College Planning Boot Camps in Action
- 2018 Pinellas County SchoolsHigh School Senior"I want to attend an HBCU"
- 2018 Florence County School District 3Lake City High School Students"Thank you for the opportunity."
- 2018 Judson ISDRising First Gen 9th Grader"If I weren't here, I would still be lost"
- 2018 Pinellas County SchoolsParents of Rising Seniors"You delivered on your promise"
- 2018 Judson ISDRising 10th Grader"It's not just academics"
- 2018 Pinellas County SchoolsHigh School Senior and Parent"Energized and excited"
- 2018 Judson ISDRising 9th Grader"I'm going to challenge myself to my full potential"
- 2018 Judson ISDRising 9th Grader"This is the best teamwork that I have ever done"
- 2018 Paragon Charter AcademyMiddle School StudentsStudent Presentations
- 2018 Judson ISDRising 9th GradersStudent Presentations
- 2018 Austin ISDMiddle School StudentsStudent Presentations
- 2018 Atlanta-areaRising Seniors"You must own the process"
College Planning Boot Camps
Our program provides College Planning Boot Camps for middle school and high school students. Ideally, students should be exposed to colleges and careers during elementary school and enter middle school with 7-year college bound plans. These action plans should be focused on developing each student’s gifts and talents, maximizing their academic potential, engaging students in service and leadership activities, and maximizing the opportunities within their schools and local communities to develop their social, emotional, and intellectual faculties.
Students should enter high school with 4-year academic, extracurricular activity, community service, and leadership action plans, together with clearly-defined personal goals. These goals should be conceptualized within a college/career context as to maximize each student’s 2 million high school minutes.
Rising high school seniors should enter their senior year of high school as the final year of their 7-year middle-through-high school plan. Our College Planning Boot Camp Program provides a means of engaging students during each of the critical summers between the beginning of 6th grade and the beginning of their final year of high school to best assist students in strategically expanding college access and scholarship opportunities.
While our boot camps are beneficial for any student, they are particularly important in closing the college knowledge gap experienced by students from lower income backgrounds, those who will be the first in their family to attend college, and students from immigrant groups who lack the knowledge of effectively navigating the U.S. K – 12 educational system in preparation for pursuing college and careers.