Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Essay Contest
- The following information must appear on the first page:
- Title: How has your education contributed to who you are today?
- An Essay by:__________
- Home Street Address
- City, State, Zip
- Name of High School
- Submit a 700 – 750 word essay, typewritten, and double spaced to:
Rating Criteria for Essays
- Development of Topic/Thesis (30 pts) – Topic well developed (covers and develops major points, supplying enough information for understanding
- Progression (20 possible pts.) – Composition progresses from beginning to end in a logical flow of information.
- Readability (25 possible pts.) – Concise prose that sticks to the point and does not ramble (holds reader’s attention
- Grammar (15 possible pts.) – Agreement of subject and verb; roper tense; correct sentence construction; paragraphing, including transitional phrases linking same.
- Spelling – (5 possible pts.)
- Punctuation – (5 possible pts.)
Submit essay to:
Southern Polytechnic State University
Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc.
Alpha Delta Rho Chapter
1100 South Marietta Parkway
Marietta, GA 30060
Deadline: April 25, 2012.