Henry Arthur Callis Scholarship
Henry Arthur Callis became a practicing physician, Howard University Professor of Medicine and prolific contributor to medical journals. Often regarded as the “philosopher of the founders,” and a moving force in the Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity’s development, he was the only one of the “Cornell Seven” to become General President. Prior to moving to Washington, D.C., he was a medical consultant to the Veterans Hospital in Tuskegee, Alabama. Upon his death in 1974, at age 87, the Fraternity entered a time without any living Jewels. His papers were donated to Howard’s Moorland-Spingarn Research Center.
To be considered for this scholarship, the applicant must submit the following by February 28:
- A completed APPLICATION Click Here
- Two letters of recommendation, one of which must be from a faculty member
- A personal essay which describes your involvement in extracurricular and community activities since 9th grade; in addition, include your academic and career goals.
- A copy of your SAT or ACT scores
- An up-to-date transcript and copy of your most recent report card
- Completed FAFSA, copy of your Student Aid Report, and/or an Income Statement
Deadline: February 28th of Senior Year