Lead The Way Scholarship Program
What is LEAD THE WAY?
LEAD THE WAY is a $5,000 college scholarship program sponsored by Community Blood Center (CBC) and energy delivery provider Vectren Corporation. It is open to all graduating high school seniors in CBC’s 15-country service area who are college bound and whose high school hosts a CBC blood drive during the academic year.
CBC’s mission through the LEAD THE WAY scholarship program is to support our region’s young adults who will be our blood resource leaders of tomorrow. Applicants are asked to imagine themselves as the leader of their school’s blood drive and are challenged to create a winning Donor Recruitment Campaign. Completed application and blood drive marketing campaign should be sent to CBC and must be postmarked by April . Five winners will be announced in May and each will receive a $1,000 scholarship.
Who is Eligible?
- You must be a high school senior academic year.
- You are not required to be a blood donor.
- You must be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident.
- Your high school must sponsor at least one CBC blood drive during the school year.
- You must have a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 or higher. Your application must be accompanied by an official copy of your high school transcript, including your senior year fall semester grades.
- You must submit a letter of recommendation from your school blood drive faculty organizer, a teacher, or your school principal.
A Winning Blood Drive Campaign Should Include:
- A 300-to-500 word description of the campaign.
- At least three support materials which can include an educational video, poster, t-shirt design, brochure or other creative work.
- A central theme that will creatively communicate why giving blood is important and what students should do prior to the drive to ensure a successful donation.
- At least four references to valid research and/or statistical data supporting the need and value of blood donations.
- For more information contact Cristina Pickle – CBC Education Specialist, (937) 461-3453 – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications are available online at www.givingblood.org