Kid’s Chance Scholarship
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for a scholarship grant, applicants must have a parent who has been killed or seriously injured as a result of a work related accident that meets the criteria of the Pennsylvania Workers’ Compensation Act and that has resulted in demonstrated financial need. Applicants must also meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must be bound for postsecondary (post high school) education.
- Applicants must have achieved a high school diploma by the time of the first disbursement of the scholarship award.
- Applicants must be under the age of 25 years old at the time of the full disbursement of the Kids’ Chance of Pennsylvania, Inc. scholarship award.
- Applicants must be entering to study or already studying toward receiving an undergraduate bachelor or associates degree.
- Applicants may not have already attained a bachelor’s degree.
- Applicants in graduate level programs are ineligible.
- Applicants must have at least one custodial parent or step-parent who has been seriously injured or killed in a work-related accident that has been documented by the parent’s employer.
- Applicant’s parent’s injury or death related to work-related accident.
- Applicants are eligible for the equivalent of 4 traditional years (8 traditional semesters) of scholarship award.