Advice for incoming college students
The article in Inside Higher Ed offers sound advice for incoming college students:
- Register and schedule ASAP to best ensure that you get the classes that you want.
- Share your schedule with your employer to ensure a smooth school/work relationship.
- If your placement tests places you into developmental or remedial classes, ask for a retest and work hard to get a better score. It could save you thousands of dollars in tuition!
- Identify your books, go online and try to find them used. Another way to save thousands of dollars.
- If you are attending a community college, meet with the counselor to identify exactly the courses that you need to transfer later to a four-year college.
Read more… and share your tips.