US National BioGENEius Challenge
The Georgia BioGENEius Challenge is a competition for high school students who are doing outstanding research in biotechnology.
To reach the U.S. National BioGENEius Challenge, you follow this path:
- You must apply to the Georgia BioGENEius Challenge. Please click here for the online application . Submissions must be completed on the Biotechnology Institute site by March 23, 2012.
- You must participate in the statewide Georgia Science and Engineering Fair (GSEF) on March 29-March 31, 2012 at held in Athens, GA at the Classic Center. Winners of the local challenge will be judged and selected during the special awards judging at this event. Winners will be notified at the Awards ceremony on Saturday, April 1.
- If selected, you must be willing to attend the National BioGENEius Challenge in Boston, MA, from Friday, June 15 -Tuesday, June 19, 2012. Travel expenses will be paid for according to the Georgia BioGENEius Travel Policy.
Georgia BioGENEius Challenge Information
Georgia BioGENEius Challenge takes place on March 29-March 31, 2012 at the Georgia Science and Engineering Fair (GSEF) held in Athens, GA at the Classic Center. Information about GSEF and entry forms for the GSEF competition may be found on the GSEF website: www.georgiacenter.uga.edu/oasp. GSEF participants are invited from first and some second place winners of regional Georgia science fairs. GSEF participants may then enter the BioGENEius Challenge by registering with the Biotechnology Institute’s online application form. For the Georgia competition, no special posters or materials are required beyond the normal GSEF entry requirements. If the participant is selected as a finalist, a roll-up poster will be required for the finals in Boston in June. See below for Poster Guidelines for the US and International finals.
Judging will occur during the GSEF event during the special awards judging period. Winners will be announced during the Awards Ceremony on Saturday, April 1, 2012. Checklist for entering Georgia’s Local BioGENEius Challenge:
- Complete online application here by 8 am, Friday, March 23, 2012
- Complete Declarations Form and email scanned, signed copy to email@example.com by Monday, March 26, 2012
- Read Rules and Guidelines, Judging Criteria and Poster Guidelines
- Attend GSEF in Athens, GA March 29-March 31, 2012.
For a list all of Local Partners please click here.