Summer Investigative Reporting Workshop
Based at Boston University, the New England Center for Investigative Reporting’s Summer Investigative Reporting Workshop is a perfect opportunity for U.S. and international high school students to learn more about journalism, and explore the exciting city of Boston! Our award-winning faculty will help ensure that each student will be taught at a high level, and learn new and valuable journalism skills.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- Finding investigative story ideas
- Writing a news story (hard news, profile, and feature stories)
- Writing an investigative piece
- How to perform a background check
- How to work with government databases and other information
- Interview techniques
- Computer-assisted reporting (CAR)
- News ethics
- Presenting your findings on the web, in print, and for broadcast
Scholarship aid is needs based and is issued on a first-come, first-served basis. Scholarships generally cover up to 50% of tuition and do not include room and board. Scholarship students do not have to be from the U.S. If you would like financial aid, we urge you to apply as soon as possible. If accepted, we will provide you with a financial aid application to submit.