Lexus Verses and Flow Scholarship
LEXUS VERSES AND FLOW SCHOLARSHIP OVERVIEW
We are proud to announce the creation of the Lexus Verses and Flow Scholarship, a program that will award students at our nation’s Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU’s) for their academic excellence as well as their community involvement. The scholarship was established in conjunction with the television show Lexus Verses and Flow, now entering its fifth season, featuring poetry and R&B performances.
- The Lexus Verses and Flow scholarship will commence April 10. The final deadline for submission is September 4.
- A $5,000 Scholarship will be awarded to two (2) deserving students of selected HBCU’s.
- Awardees must be classified as a sophomore, junior or senior at the time the scholarship commences. In addition, he/she must be an active community leader. • Awardees will be notified by Lexus and must be available to receive the award during the fall/spring semester on their individual campuses.
- Each school shall review all essays/videos and will submit the top ten (10) packages to Lexus for review.
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE SCHOLARSHIP COMPETITION, A CANDIDATE MUST:
- Must be available to receive scholarship award during the upcoming fall/spring semesters on campus, which will be presented by Lexus Verses and Flow officials.
- Complete all requirements of the scholarship application. [Note: Essays (video and written) will be judged on concept, grammar and content. An authorized faculty member must review and sign the scholarship verification prior to submission.
- Provide one (1) letter of recommendation from a local community leader that addresses the student’s community activities.
- Provide one (1) letter of recommendation from campus faculty and/or administrators.
- Be in good academic standing with a minimum 3.0 (out of 4.0) G.P.A
- Submit a permanent mailing address, phone number and e-mail address.
- Must be prepared to make a three (3) minute presentation, referencing your essay.
- Submit a recent photo.
Be an undergraduate student at one of the following:
- Clark Atlanta University
- Howard University
- Spelman College
- Florida A&M University
- Hampton University
- LeMoyne-Owen College
- Morehouse College
- Xavier University
- Grambling State University
- North Carolina AT&T