Jackie Robinson Foundation Scholarships
Through its Education and Leadership Development Program, the Jackie Robinson Foundation provides scholarships of up to $24,000/four years to minority high school students showing leadership potential and demonstrating financial need to attend an accredited 4-year college or university of their choice.
To be eligible for a Jackie Robinson Foundation Scholarship, an applicant must:
- Be a graduating, minority high school senior;
- Plan to attend an accredited and approved four–year institution within the United States;
- Show leadership potential;
- Demonstrate a dedication to community service;
- Present evidence of financial need;
- Be a United States citizen;
- A minimum SAT score of 1,000 combined on the math and critical reading sections or a composite ACT score of 21; and
- Not possess a degree from a 2 or 4–year College when applying for the scholarship.
The required components of the Jackie Robinson Foundation application are:
- A completed and submitted online application;
- One (1) letter of recommendation submitted online only
- SAT or ACT scores sent to the Foundation directly from the testing agencies. The Foundation’s college codes are: SAT 4248/ACT: 6570.
You will need to have a copy of your SAT or ACT scores and your latest high school transcript in order to complete the questions on the online application.
We will not accept the Jackie Robinson Foundation Scholarship application or supporting documents via mail, email or fax. Applications and letters of recommendation will only be accepted via our online application program.
Applicants invited to interview with one of the regional committees will be required to bring copies of the documents listed below to the interview.
- Official high school transcript
- Proof of U.S. citizenship
- Student Aid Report
October of each year – Application Available for Review Only
November 1, of each year – Application Live
February 15, 5pm (ET) of each year – Application Due
April 30, of each year – Notification of application status via email
May 1 – May 31, of each year – Second Round, Regional Interviews
June 15, of each year – Final Selections Announced