Gloria Barron Prize for Young Heroes
Gloria Barron Prize for Young Heroes honors outstanding young leaders who have made a significant positive difference to people and our planet. Nominees, who may range in age from 8 to 18 years old, must have been the prime mover of a service activity, and demonstrated positive spirit and high moral purpose in accomplishing their goals. Nominees must be nominated by responsible adults who have solid knowledge of the young person’s heroic activities, and who are not related to the nominee. Winners of the Barron Prize receive:
- $2,500 to be applied to their higher education or to their service project
- a recognition plaque
- a certificate of recognition
- a signed copy of The Hero’s Trail, by Barron Prize founder T.A. Barron
- a copy of Dream Big, our new documentary film featuring several Barron Prize winners
- a heroes study guide, curriculum, and bibliography
- the opportunity to be paired with an adult mentor who is passionate about and working in the winner’s area of interest
- the opportunity to connect with other Barron Prize winners through the Young Heroes Listserv
- numerous media opportunities – print, television, and radio
By submitting an entry in the Gloria Barron Prize for Young Heroes, each entrant acknowledges reading and understanding all the eligibility requirements and selection criteria published on the Prize’s website and agrees to observe them. Further, each entrant acknowledges and agrees that as a condition of receiving the Prize, the selected individual will cooperate in publicizing the Barron Prize and will grant rights in the entrant’s nomination materials to the Barron Prize.
April 30th: *NOMINATION DEADLINE* The Prize must receive completed nomination materials.
July 1st: The Prize will notify nominees that materials have been processed.
September 30th: The Prize will announce winners.