Cornell University Diversity Weekend
We know that the opportunity to visit campus is an important factor in identifying whether Cornell would provide what you are looking for in your college experience. The Fall Engineering Diversity Hosting Weekend (DHW) is a great chance for you to come see what the College of Engineering and greater Cornell University campus have to offer!
This overnight hosting program will take place Thursday, September 26 – Saturday, September 28, 2013 and will provide you with an insider’s view into life as a Cornell Engineer. During Fall DHW you will have the opportunity to:
- stay in a residence hall with a current student;
- learn details about the admission process;
- attend a class;
- participate in an interactive lab demonstration; and
- interact with faculty, staff, and students.
Additionally, you will be able to engage with members of several of our award-winning engineering student organizations including:
- American Indian Science & Engineering Society (AISES)
- National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE)
- Society of Asian Scientists & Engineers (SASE)
- Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers ( SHPE)
- Society of Women Engineers (SWE)
Notes about the program
- This program is for high school seniors (graduating in Spring 2014) and has a particular focus on first generation college students and/or student from backgrounds traditionally underrepresented in engineering (African American/Black, Hispanic/Latino, Native American, Native Hawaiian, Native Pacific Islander and Native Alaskan).
- There is no cost for the program except for your own travel to campus. However, you may be eligible to apply for a travel grant to cover some or all of your travel expenses. Once you have been accepted into the program you, will receive instructions on how to apply for these travel grants.
- This is an application-based, space-limited, selective program. Though it is not equivalent to admission into Cornell University, we are looking for students that show promise of being a member of the freshman class.
- Because we require one year each of Calculus, Chemistry, Physics, and Biology for our freshman admissions, we are also requiring these for our hosting program. Note that these are requirements for you to fulfill before high school graduation, so taking them in Senior year still fulfills the requirement.
All supporting application materials must be submitted with the online application by Monday, July 15, 2013. If you experience difficulty uploading your materials, please contact the Engineering Admissions office.
To apply, you must complete the Fall DHW Online Application by Monday, July 15, 2013.