Congressional Hispanic Caucus Scholarships
CHCI Scholarship Program Description
CHCI’s scholarship opportunities are afforded to Latino students in the United States who have a history of performing public service-oriented activities in their communities and who demonstrate a desire to continue their civic engagement in the future. There is no GPA or academic major requirement. Students with excellent leadership potential are encouraged to apply.
CHCI scholarships provide recipients with a one time scholarship of:
- $1,000 to pursue an associate degree
- $2,500 to pursue an undergraduate degree
- $5,000 to pursue graduate-level study
Scholarship awards are intended to provide assistance with tuition, room and board, textbooks, and other educational expenses associated with college enrollment.
In an effort to ensure the progress of scholarship recipients and encourage completion of the postsecondary program, each associate and undergraduate level scholarship award is divided over the number of years required for graduation (i.e. a $2,500 scholarship for a college freshman will be distributed in four equal installments of $625 a year).
Students continue to receive annual disbursements as long as they maintain good academic standing. CHCI manages the disbursement of the scholarships; an annual check is sent directly to recipients.
- Full-time enrollment in a United States Department of Education accredited community college, four-year university, or graduate/professional program during the period for which scholarship is requested
- Demonstrated financial need
- Consistent, active participation in public and/or community service activities
- Strong writing skills
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents, asylees, or individuals who are lawfully authorized to work full-time without restriction for any U.S. employerand who, at the time of application, possess lawful evidence of employment authorization.