Carleton College Diversity Weekend
Carleton College invites under-represented students to sample one of the best liberal arts colleges in the nation. Visit a class, meet current students, explore our campus, meet with faculty members, and stay overnight with a student host. You’ll also meet other high school seniors excited about getting a taste of Carleton.
What happens at the Taste of Carleton?
- Arrive at Minneapolis/St. Paul Airport by 5 p.m. and take a shuttle to Northfield.
- Attend a welcome reception and meet your student host.
- Attend a class that suits your interests: anything from Principles of Psychology, to Genes and Evolution, toLatinas in Hollywood.
- Explore campus, tour the 880 acre Arboretum, chat with students in the Sayles-Hill student center, or attend our weekly convocation.
- Have an interview with a member of the admissions staff.
- Get your student life questions answered by current students at a Q&A session.
- Sample Carleton’s night life.
- Savor a final morning at Carleton before the shuttles depart for the airport.
We’re still working on the 2013 details, including the dates and the applications, so hang tight — and make sure you’re on our mailing list so that we can keep in touch about TOC and other updates. If you’re wondering what the application looks like, check out last year’s form:
- Out-of-State Application from last year (non-Minnesota residents)
- Minnesota Application from last year (Minnesota residents)
Each applicant must return the completed application form and a high school transcript (with senior schedule) to be considered.
Application deadlines :
For Out-of-State Applicants: mid-September 2013
For Minnesotan Applicants: early October 2013