Berklee College of Music Summer Programs
Berklee’s Five-Week Summer Performance Program, now in its 26th year, is the largest, most comprehensive summer music program available-anywhere. Better known as “Five-Week,” the Berklee Five-Week Summer Performance Program, with its diversity of study options, world-class Berklee faculty, visiting artists, and state-of-the-art facilities, is the premiere contemporary music summer program for young musicians. Each summer, approximately 1,000 participants from across the U.S. and around the world (70 countries) share in this unique summer experience-all instruments, all contemporary styles, and all levels of musical ability. Five-Week is your opportunity to experience the summer of a lifetime, at the world’s most prestigious institution for the study of contemporary music.
For students who are also interested in enrolling at Berklee full-time, there are several benefits to attending Five-Week:
- Audition for scholarships to Berklee during the program. Roughly $3.5 million in scholarships are awarded to Five-Week students by audition during any given summer.
- Find out what it takes to succeed in music and at Berklee.
- Study with Berklee faculty.
- Learn about admission, audition, and scholarship requirements.
- Get a head start on your full-time studies.
- Get to know Boston, New England’s hub of culture and academia.
At the Five-Week Program, you will be immersed in all aspects of performance. Your classes, workshops, and rehearsals will focus on this important side of your musicianship. You will play in ensembles, develop improvisational and reading skills, improve your technique in weekly private lessons, and enjoy lectures/demonstrations by well-known faculty and visiting artists.