Atlanta Community Food Bank Volunteer Opportunity
This summer the Atlanta Community Food Bank will be offering two 4-day Youth Summits on Hunger and Poverty.
We are looking for students who:
- Will be in the 9th through 12th grade in 2012-2013
- Have an interest in hunger/poverty issues
- Are committed to service
- Are interested in taking action within their own community.
As a part of the Youth Summit on Hunger and Poverty, students will:
- Gain in-depth knowledge about local and national hunger and poverty issues
- Participate in ACFB service projects, and learn about other community and government responses to hunger and poverty
- Meet other students and make new friends
- Enhance their college resumes or job applications
- Identify and commit to a minimum of one hunger fighting action step in the coming school year
- Receive 32 community service hours.
We are offering 2 sessions, and will accept 20 students per session.
- Tuesday – Friday, June 12 – 15 from 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
- Tuesday – Friday, July 24 – 27 from 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
Participants MUST be available for the entire four-day program in order to be eligible. (There are no fees or costs for participants.)
Download the 2012 ACFB Youth Summit application http://www.acfb.org/projects/hunger_101/youth_summit/
Deadline to apply: Friday, April 13, 2012.
Direct questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org