One-on-one sessions provide an additional level of support for students registered in our college planning cohort program. Each session is in response to the unique needs of each student such as additional guidance in essay writing, expansion of a student’s college list, or preparing students for college/scholarship interviews.
Type of Support Offered
Our one-on-one support provides all-virtual guidance personalized to student and family needs. Each year, we successfully assist high school and college students with college essays, preparing for college and scholarship interviews, and providing pre-reviews of undergraduate and graduate school college applications within the context of the selectivity of the institutions to which students are applying.
Some of the areas of preparation provided:
- Preparing the Meyerhoff Scholars Selection Weekend
- Preparation for honors college and scholarship interviews
- Review of pre-college and fly-in program applications
- Review of college and scholarship application packages
- Review of college and scholarship essays
The one-on-one support provided has resulted in students:
- Being selected for the Meyerhoff Scholars Program
- Being offered highly competitive scholarships
- Matching to the right colleges and for the right scholarships
Parents or students may request a conversation or guidance on any college planning related topic. Such topics may include, but are not limited to:
- A student’s body of work: transcript, résumé, activities, leadership, service
- Essays and writing prompts
- College or scholarship applications
- Fly-in or special program applications (e.g., Yale Young Global Scholars, QuestBridge, etc.)
- Recommending additions/revisions to the student’s college list
- Recommending a Common Application Writing Prompt
- Choosing college admissions cycles
- Summer and pre-college programs
- Fly-in/Diversity Weekend Programs
- Institutional Scholarship Programs
- Developing résumés and CVs
- College or scholarship interviews
- Specialized programs, e.g., Meyerhoff Scholars, honors colleges, Stamps Scholars, Torch Scholars
- An objective analysis of a student’s body of work
- Essay review
- Develop a holistic college and scholarship strategy
One-on-one sessions are scheduled for 45 minutes to an hour in a manner similar to tutoring. To maximize the time, indicate in the instructions (or via email), the focus of the session. You may communicate any pertinent questions you may have.
If you anticipate multiple sessions, considering purchasing the discounted set of 5 sessions (click here).
Note: Fees are non-refundable. Note: We do not provide financial, investment, or legal advice, nor do we guaranty any outcomes. Please review our Terms and Conditions prior to making your purchase.