Lesson – Net Price Calculator
Lesson:Net Price Calculator. All U.S. colleges and universities state accepting federal funds are required to provide a Net Price Calculator on their website. However, some colleges do not host their own Net Price Calculator and provide a link to another website, typically the U.S. Department of Education’s Net Price Calculator Center or to the College Board:
- Some colleges provide a Net Price Calculator on their website, while other colleges utilize other websites:
- Net Price Calculator Center will direct you to the Net Price Calculator of most U.S. colleges and universities: https://collegecost.ed.gov/netpricecenter.aspx
- College Board: http://netpricecalculator.collegeboard.org (Note: you may save your financial data in your College Board account.) Go to the following link to view the College Board’s list of participating institutions: https://professionals.collegeboard.org/higher-ed/financial-aid/netprice/participating-schools
- U.S. News & World Reports (https://www.usnews.com/education/best-colleges/features/net-price-calculator) provides links to the net price calculators for most U.S. National Universities and National Liberal Arts Colleges.
- North Carolina Colleges and Universities: The College Foundation of North Carolina (https://www.cfnc.org/pay/collegeworks/npc.jsp) provides links to the net price calculators for most North Carolina 2-year and 4-year colleges and universities.
- If you are still unable to identify the net price calculator for a school of interest, perform an Internet search on the term “College Name + Net Price Calculator.”
- Complete the Net Price Calculator: Answer each of the questions based on your personal background, family circumstances, and financial resources. Answer all questions and provide estimates when necessary. The following amounts will be calculated:
- Estimated tuition and fees
- Estimated room and board charges
- Estimated costs of books and supplies
- Estimated other expenses (e.g., transportation, personal expenses)
- Estimated grant aid
- Estimated Federal sources of financial aid (i.e., Pell Grant, Work Study, and federal student loans)
- Complete the “Form – Net Price Calculator” provided with this activity.
- Complete the 'Net Price Calculator' form by hand
- To transfer your handwritten information onto the form, click here for the form
- May a copy and share the form back to us
- Complete a column for each of your schools