The criteria for this scholarship is as follows:
Student has served as a peer helper, peer tutor, peer mediator, or some other type of service work.
Student is a graduating high school senior.
Minimum 2.5 G.P.A.
Letter of recommendation
Written essay…two typed pages, double spaced, size 12-14 font.
Additional information and a copy of the application can be found here: CSCA scholarship (1)
The Aricka Amos Burrell Scholarship is available to female and male students. Applicants must meet all the eligibility requirements and deadlines to qualify. A panel interview is required. Scholarship awards must be applied toward tuition, educational equipment, fees and books.
Eligibility for the scholarship requires that the applicant: Is a female/male resident of North Fulton County, Georgia Is a high school senior with a B average or above Demonstrates leadership, community involvement and service. For additional requirements and to access the application, please visit the link:
Funded through the Comcast Foundation, this scholarship rewards educational achievements, community service, diversity, and leadership with $1000 college scholarship awards.
- Be a full-time high school senior currently enrolled at a high school within a Comcast Community or otherwise approved by Comcast.
- Student grade point average of 2.8 or higher.
- Student demonstrates leadership abilities in school activities or through work experiences.
- Student shows a strong commitment to and involvement in community service.
- Student plans to attend an accredited, nonprofit college, university, or vocational/technical school in the United States.
- Student will need to verify nomination by entering the Comcast School Code (CSC), provided by the principal or guidance counselor.
- Student will need to complete and approve the terms and conditions set forth in the media release included as part of the scholarship acceptance form. If the nominee is not over the age of eighteen, the parent/guardian must complete and approve the terms and conditions set forth in the media release included as part of the scholarship acceptance form.
Schools can nominate one high school senior.
Click here to apply… (https://aim.applyist.net/Comcast/Highschools)
Deadline to apply: December 5, 2013
Please direct any questions to International Scholarship and Tuition Services, Inc. at Comcast@applyists.com or at (855) 670-4787.