Tag: Institutional Scholarships
Xavier University of Louisiana ScholarshipsNovember 15, 2016
Xavier University of Louisiana is grounded in a tradition of academic excellence. Through our scholarship offerings, we strive to recognize the high academic achievement of prospective students who demonstrate exceptional potential for leadership, service, and personal development.
- Scholarships for New First-Time Freshmen:Initial Eligibility Requirements:Xavier University of Louisiana seeks to recognize outstanding academic achievement through the scholarship awards process. When making scholarship awards, the University uses a holistic assessment of a student’s completed admissions application. While all submitted information is considered during our scholarship review process, strongest consideration is given to the student’s academic record. Primary consideration is given to those students who have submitted a completed application by January 31. Students who submit a completed application after January 31 will be considered for scholarships on a funds-available basis. Students who have met the January 31 deadline will be notified no later than the end of February if they have received a scholarship. Acceptance of a scholarship offer must occur by the deadline date indicated in the scholarship awards packet.
Please note that the scholarship awards process for Xavier is competitive. Unfortunately, Xavier University of Louisiana is not able to award scholarships to all students who present strong academic records. We strongly encourage all students to submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). This allows the university to determine eligibility for need-based financial aid including grants, loans and work-study.
Included below is a list of available scholarship programs for first year freshmen. These awards vary in amounts and are renewable for eight consecutive semesters and contingent on the student’s full-time enrollment and maintaining the University’s required cumulative grade-point average.
- Board of Trustees Scholarship: Recipients of the Board of Trustees Scholarship will receive full tuition, fees and room & board.
- Presidential Scholarship: Recipients of the Presidential Scholarship will receive full tuition and fees.
- Saint Katharine Drexel Scholarship: Valedictorians or Salutatorians from any U.S. Catholic high school are eligible to receive this full-tuition scholarship and fees. The award covers eight consecutive semesters.
- Norman C. Francis Scholarship: Valedictorians or Salutatorians from public high schools in Orleans and Jefferson Parishes are eligible to receive this full-tuition scholarship and fees. The award covers eight consecutive semesters.
- Xavier University Academic Scholarships: These tuition scholarships are awarded to first-time freshmen based on strong academic achievement and high school counselor recommendations.
- Additional Eligibility Requirements for all students (freshmen and transfer):The following are additional requirements for scholarships.Applying for Financial Aid: Xavier University’s scholarship recipients may be eligible for federal and /or state aid. Parents and/or students who are U.S. citizens or eligible non-citizens who receive Xavier institutional scholarships must annually have on file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Guidelines established by the University’s Office of Student Financial Aid, in accordance with federal and state regulations, will be utilized to calculate the student’s financial aid amount and direct cost of education.
The sum of institutionally administered or affiliated scholarships, federal grants, state awards, and waivers shall not exceed a recipient’s direct costs (tuition, mandatory fees, and room and board). Should the institutional scholarship, when combined with the previously described resources, exceed the direct cost, the amount of the University’s institutional scholarship shall be adjusted accordingly.