National Association of Black Journalist Scholarships
Allison E. Fisher Scholarship – $2,500
Carole Simpson Scholarship – $ 2,500
Visual Task Force Scholarship up to $1,250
Larry Whiteside Scholarship – $2,500
NABJ Scholarship – $2,500
- A one-page resume (Microsoft Word)
- A 500-800 word essay describing your accomplishments as a journalist, your career goals, and your financial need for the scholarship. (Microsoft Word.)
- Official college transcript (Scanned JPG or PDF)
- Contact information of three references from professional journalists, professors, advisors who are familiar with your journalistic work. Letters are not required.
- Five samples of your best work in any of the formats below. Make sure your work samples highlight your reporting, editing, and/or producing skills. Work sample submissions should be based on the individual scholarship (i.e., print, broadcast, online, etc.) Please see individual scholarship descriptions above. Required information and accepted formats include:
- Print stories:Please upload your clips to Google Docs or any other third party sites and submit links to your work via the application form.
- TV packages:Please upload videos to YouTube or Google Video and provide links to your work via the application form.
- Radio packages:Please upload packages to mypodcast.com and submit links via the application form.
- Photos Please upload JPEG photo selects to Flickr.com and create a “SET” titled “NABJ Scholarships” and provide a link to the SET via the application form. Or submit link to your online portfolio via the application form. (NOTE: Minimum of 20 images)
- Slideshows:Please submit links to your work via the application form.
- Web Sites: Please submit links to your work via the application form.
- Flash animation: Please submit links to your work via the application form.