Lesson – My Story
Lesson: Write Your Story. The goal of this activity is for you to engage in self-reflection about your life and to write about your life. Contained within your life’s experiences are anecdotes and stories which may contain the theme of a great personal essay. Do not regard the word count. Take as much time (or as many pages) as needed to tell your story.
- Gather Your Thoughts: Review and consider the following as you gather your thoughts for telling your story:
- How would you describe your family (e.g., parents, siblings, where you live)?
- What type of challenges have you faced (e.g., personal, financial, emotional, physical)?
- What are your passions (e.g., subjects, athletics, music, dance, art)?
- What are the gifts and talents that you have developed or wish to develop?
- What are your hopes and dreams for the future?
- Go to the narrative, “My Story” in your Google Doc
- Write your story (at least 2 pages)
- Note: If you did not have an opportunity to submit your email signature, you may do so at the end of your essay
- Share the Google Doc to: email@example.com