Lesson – College ROTC Programs (Narrative)
Activity: College ROTC Programs. College ROTC Scholarship Programs are very competitive. However, a college ROTC scholarship can pay for tuition and fees, in addition to providing a monthly stipend. Some colleges offer room and board subsidies (i.e., free) for students enrolled in its campus-based ROTC Program .
Video: After viewing the video provided with this activity and complete the College ROTC Programs-related questions on the Narrative: “The Type of College Experience I Would Like to Pursue and Why”
Additional videos and articles further explaining the ROTC Scholarship Program that you may choose to review:
Video: Review a collection of videos providing insight into the community college experience.
- Article, “Guide to Understanding ROTC Programs”: https://www.bestcolleges.com/resources/rotc-programs/
- Article, “Top 10 College ROTC Programs”: https://www.collegemagazine.com/top-10-rotc-college-programs/
- Article, “3 Myths About Army ROTC Scholarships for College”: https://www.usnews.com/education/best-colleges/paying-for-college/articles/2017-06-14/3-myths-about-army-rotc-scholarships-for-college
- Army ROTC Program: https://www.goarmy.com/rotc.html
- Air Force AROTC Program: https://www.afrotc.com/
- Navy NROTC Program: http://www.nrotc.navy.mil/colleges_nrotc_unitsXP3.html