Overview: Social Media and Email Signatures
To become a competitive college and scholarship applicant, students must communicate with colleges, recruiters, and scholarship providers. Written and verbal communication provide multiple opportunities to communicate information and build relationships with college admissions officers, coaches, professors, and scholarship providers. Through this activity you will engage in a critical self-assessment of your social media image.
Review your social media image and develop an email signature to showcase your gifts, talents, leadership, and achievements.
Estimated time to complete: 30 min.
- What type of image am I portraying through my current e-mail address or through social media (e.g., Facebook®, Twitter®, Instagram®, Snapchat®)?
- What type of email signature would best showcase my gifts, talents, leadership, and achievements?
- Show Me the Money: A Comprehensive Guide to Scholarships, Financial Aid, and Making the Right College Choice (86 – 90)
- Kat Cohen’s Huffington Post article, The Truth About Social Media and Admissions (5/23/13) and Megan Shuffleton’s My Campus article, How To Clean Up Your Social Media For College Applications (11/19/13).
- Shanice Daeche’s Hult International Business School article, Are your social media profiles college ready? (2/6/2017).