Federal Employee Education & Assistance Fund
Applications are available January – March each year.
Awards: More than 400 students from across 27 regions will win scholarships ranging from $500 to $2,500. From this pool of 400, the top students in each region have the chance to win two additional awards:
- Six students will win an additional $5,000 through the FEEA-NTEU Scholarship. Read more
- Additional money is awarded through the Cooke Memorial Scholarship. Read more
Who is Eligible?
- Current civilian federal and postal employees with at least three years of federal service, their children and spouses
- Dependent applicants may first apply as high school seniors
- Dependents must be full-time students; employees may be part-time
- Enrolled (or plan to enroll) in an accredited post-secondary school
- Course of study that leads to a two-year, four-year or graduate degree
- 3.0 grade point average on a 4.0 scale
Have questions about your eligibility? Read scholarship FAQs here>.
- Complete high school or college transcripts
- One written recommendation/letter of reference
- A short essay (topic changes annually)
- A list of community service, extracurricular activities and awards
- A copy of the employee sponsor’s most recent SF-50
Specific instructions and any additional requirements are listed on each year’s application.
Partner Programs: Students whose parents are members of selected federal management associations, unions, and agencies may be eligible for additional awards. FEEA accepts applications from more than a dozen partner organizations as if they were our own. You only have to fill out one application. Find out if you are eligible here>